20 April, 2010

EARTHQUAKE !!!!!!! IN ADELAIDE !!!!

I went to the office that night with Feeza.We left office at about 11 pm and arrived home safely. Kak Zatul was already fast asleep. I was thinking of sambung do my work so I unpack my stuff and duduk la buat kerja. Send sms to Aunty Darling to wish her on her anniversary with uncle peTer earlier.

Timing cantik, i was actually facebooking when i heard a loud rumbling noise which i thought is the wind but the sound is more like guruh like that. Followed by a shake. The window was shaking loudly. The floor was shaking too. i was sitting on the chair, gripped the table with blank feeling at first. Lama skit baru felt takut !!!! when the shake ends, i called feeza and ask her if it's just me or did the earth just moved? Feeza, which was already on her bed said yeah she feel it too without any perasaaan lansung! Hishh Budak ni... Probably she didn't really feel it coz her room and unit are grounded, while me, my room is on the second storey of our Little Comelest Townhouse.



The fact that i was kinda Panic, Psych ! everything ! What if questions playing in my mind. What happened? When i wrote it at my FB status, I saw Yanti's status..then Lina and E  commented on my status..... It was an earthquake.... in Adelaide.... Gila scary... what if there's second round of it..Arghhhh !!!!!

I couldn't sleep, glued to the Mac, waiting for updates while dalam hati dok berdoa jgn la apa apa buruk berlaku. I even joined the "i survive an earthquake in Adelaide" grup on FB to get to know more. Later it was revealed that there's predictions on this earthquake and it was expected to be larger. A prediction by a siesmologist after an earthquake hit italy last year. Alhamdulillah, it was only 3.8 richter scale as revealed by Adelaide Now at about 3.30 am.

Then i prayed and sujud syukur and berdoa so that nothing bad or malapetaka will melanda Adelaide.. I just couldn't imagine if it was larger, and if me and feeza were in the office, the highest floor on the building of 3 storey and to of the hill. Yang duduk dalam bilik kat townhouse ni pun, at 3.8, the room shake like mad, imagine if it was larger... Fuhhhh.....MInta simpang malaikat 44.

Alhamdulillah, everything across SA was fine.

photo from adelaideNow

1 comment:

etc said...

if you feel ashamed and lonely,
when there's an earthquake would be,
the best time to fake a trance,
and dance, and dance, and dance.

(because 'kalau tak pandai menari, time camni lah bolehl salahkan lantai tidak rata).