11 April, 2011

Malaysia 101

A few weeks ago, my supervisor wanted me to conduct her international human resources lecture with her. So, I did. This will be my first time conducting a lecture here and I was drop dead nervous. So, the day comes and Alhamdulillah it all went well. Nobody knows how I was sweating because I am nervous sampai basah blouse although it was cold in the lecture room hehehe. Luckily my mouth was well behaved, yeah as you've known, my mouth has the brain of its own and once it doesn't synchronise with the brain, Habis laaa... But my mouth did asked "apa khabar" before i started the class to acknowledge if there's Malaysian student in the class, which was not planned. There are a few malaysian students in the class when i asked hehehe


Then, on the next day, i received this email from a student in the lecture.


Apa khabar Cik Husna,

  I am ######## ###, you can call me ####.  I got your contact detail from M#####.  I was in the lecture this afternoon and I did reply to you when you said 'apa khabar' at the beginning of the lesson (if you remembered, I was the Chinese guy).  It felt so overwhelming when someone spoke Malay in a foreign country.  I just wanted to say that I enjoyed the lesson, I mean it was great and I appreciate that.  Listening from you who talked about something which I did not know about my own country was just amazing. haha..  Marian said you are currently doing your Phd and I know it is not easy.  I wish you the best of luck with your Phd and will talk to you soon.  Keep in touch!

Jumpa lagi!

Regards,
####



Well, sorry if I am making a big deal out of it,I mean no harm or to boast arround,  but because it's my first time lecturing...hehehe....tu sebab excited skit...

No comments: