07 November, 2008

NILS and Nasi Lemak


Lulu was the happiest person when i told her that i'd bring Nasi Lemak for Wednesday's afternoon tea @ NILS (National Institute of Labour Studies) on monday. She's been longing to eat Nasi Lemak and hot spicy sambal. he...he... Lulu used to study in Nilai college and she spent a few of her student years in Malaysia.

Oh ya, in NILS, its an official affair to attend the afternoon tea. Its on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. where everyone will bring their own tea, coffee and 'whatever i want to hav' to the common room lounge and sembang sembang.




I'd like to thank a Suzie for lending me her medium size rice cooker, sedikit asam jawa and for boiling 3 eggs for me. Thanks Mak Tam. So, early Wednesday morning, woke up and prepared everything. I started at 6.30 am and left home with Suzie at about 9.30 am. Thanks to Gurbin too for giving me tips to boil eggs that morning. Gurbin was surprised too see me up and about to cook at such early time. Yeah, the day before, I buat kari ayam instant Shan and roti canai tampal and had some wonderful breakfast with the 'Gang'. Thanks for coming you guys.

This one here is specially packed for my supervisor, Marian. She was so excited to see the Nasi Lemak. " Goshh.. Husna, I never ever cook anything this adventurous before...This looks lovely..." that's what came out of her mouth.he..he...

So here are the photos during the afternoon tea. Everyones so happy that Obama won. After our tea, we all went to watch Obama's Speech on TV.




That's my officemate, Julius form Indonesia taking the egg.

I am happy that they all like the the nasi lemak, Deb was thrilled with the ikan bilis. Trish took the whole balance of ikan bilis and some rice home for dinner. Trish also wants the recipe he..he.. sure Trish, i will give it to you.

What makes me even more happier is that, finaly, Gurbin gets to eat what I cook. Gurbin is a vegetarian. This time I didn't put the ikan bilis with the sambal together, so, Gurbin can eat it too. Gurbin gets to eat nasi lemak for breakfast that morning he..he...

No comments: