14 December, 2008

NILS Christmas Lunch @ Bill's

Last Friday was NILS Christmas Lunch. It was held at Bill's place. It was suppose to be a fun in the sun Christmas party but it rain instead. So, it turned to be an indoor party. Everyone ( but not me... =p) dah siap bawak bathing suits coz Bill ada beautiful backyard dgn pool and all. Kesian depa..he..he...Hujan tak berhenti sejak pagi.

Kaki seluar yang basah dek hujan he..he...@ Goodwood bustop

It was a potluck party. So everyone bawak food. Actually,each person can pick what to bring so i choose to bring dessert. Bread BUtter pudding ler apa lagi....he...he... Yang paling easy as 123 nak buat. BUt this time I buat custard sauce skali. And Since I can't eat their main course, i brought some of ayam masak merah to be eaten with the salads. Starters was provided by Llalaine and Hellen. Sedap giler, especially the Dip made by Hellen.



Then, It's makan time. Then we chatted and chatted about religous and belief...Biasalah, about Islam and Kristian, they tell me about their religous, and I told them about mine. They tanya why I can't go near the dog, Halal food and all. So, I explained to them. Then, I played with the cat. Bill's daughter, Kate ada kucing, Louie. Sangat manja and playfull. (Finally, jumpa jugak kucing, melepas rindu dgn kucing he..he...)

Then, It's desert time. Maria, Bill's wife took out my bread butter pudding, Darcy bawak a cheese cake from the Cheesecake shop, Julius bawak ondeh ondeh, Victor Ma yang baru pulang dari CHina bawak pau.he..he...plus other cookies and a selection of cheese. Tapi, they claim that the bread butter pudding really brings out the christmas feel he..he...and Maria was was like curious, coz I made the pudding, and she thinks its very christmassy...and me being an asian and muslim some more...Dia tanya, mana belajar? Lor Maria, Mak saya slalu buat puding roti ni ma.... he..he.. So, I told her about what it is like in Malaysia, i told her about my Uncle Collin in Malacca ( Merry Christmas uncle collin.. ) I also told her about muhibbah where we respect each other's culture and I have a Christian neighbours and friends and someone close to the family. Baru lah mereka semua faham... =). Tapi kan, pudding tu bukan lah makanan utk christmas je, kita kat malaysia dah expose dgn macam macam western food smua, diorang je yang tak tau.he...he....

Keith, my supervisor was excited to see the bread butter pudding.Dia kata the last time dia makan pudding with custard mcm ni is about 50 years ago ( Keith is 78 years old), Mak dia yang buat bread butter pudding tu. Lepas tu dia tak jumpa dah. He thinks its very classic and traditional and tak sangka la boleh jumpa lagi such food. So, dia makan sangat banyak =)



This is everyone at my department ( NILS) cuma Trish je tak de. She can't make it that day =( Kalau tak, mesti suasana lagi kecoh and lively with her around.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !!


Ps : Thanks Julius for the ride and the Hot Chocolate too

No comments: