21 July, 2011

Human Touch

Human Touch or Human contact is important.. I am not saying this because my research is on hospitality thingy. What happened today remind me of one of the question in my questionnaire. The question is about the using technology to replace human workforce. Most of the respondents responded by saying thar they are not willing to and that it is not suitable in the hospitality industry as human touch is important in this industry.. ( apekah?... kenapakah saya menulis mcm menulis Thesis tiba tiba dalam Blog... ewwww Noo !!!!).

So what happened today make sense..

I went to the library to get books and  download Journals..( what else kan.. although you can also go to library to watch movie free kat you tube kan.. hehehe). Although Journals can be downloaded fromk office juga, tapi ada satu journal ni sangat lah degilnya...tak leh di download, kna gi library gak.. So, after getting the books that I wanted ( i'm romancing Hofstede tonite LOL !!) , I went down to borrow the books. So I went to the counter and say hello to the lady at the counter. She smiled and say
library lady : Hi, You do know that we have self check counter over there for borrowing?
Me : Yes I do
Library lady : Do you want to use it ? or you don't know how to use it ?
Me :No, but  yes I know how to use it.. ( with a smile ) I'll try it next time around..
Library lady : Owhkkaayy.... (with muka yang mcm bengang ! hehehe)

Bukan lah saya ni pemalas kan, malas nak scan buku sendiri kat selfcheck machine tuu...

You see, here, I know how to use the self check machine, but it's no fun coz no human contact.. LOL !!! it is of course fun to meddle with the machine, Cool sebenarnya bila berurusan dgn Machine hehehe kat Uitm pun ada self check machine, kat PTAR2 which used to  be my playground for 10 years ! I once, broke the self check machine in flinders for i donno what reason, may be too much books to borrow kot, it was summer 2008, just before long Christmas break. I borrowed so many things, VCDs, Books, Journals that i have to get a bag from the Unibooks downstairs hehehe  Of course i am not to be blame coz how could blame me for the break down..it's the scanner who doesnt want to scan my books.. hehehe..

But as for me, sitting 24 hrs infront of the computer in the office,with your officemate hardly arround, so when i go to the library, the human contact is important to me... that's where i get to smile and say hi...( sangat kesian kan...hehehe) The same goes to all those on vacation, who goes to the hotel, they want to be treated like a king so if you change the service for technology, Naaahh... Not gonna happen,

Coz when you go to the hotel, you feel nice when the doormen greet you, the receptionist say hi and attend to your need... makes customer feel special..and the workers' with their productivity thingy... okay, dun get me started... just tunggu my thesis siap je okay ! LOL !

Next time around if the library lady ask me the same question, i am gonna answer her

"Human contact is the best, thank you " with a sweet smile ( blink..blink...)

1 comment:

Che Kay said...

dulu rasa sunggoh poyo bile pakai mesen tu kat PTAR. hehehe